Police have published the most recent update in the investigation into the death of actor Cole Brings Plenty.

The 27-year-old was reported missing on April 2 and last seen alive on March 31, but he was discovered dead in a woodland area in Kansas on April 5.

Concerns were originally raised about the actor, best known for his role in the Paramount+ Western drama 1923, a spin-off of Yellowstone, when he failed to show up for an audition, according to his agency.

READ MORE: Son Of Ex-Hollywood Agent Arrested For Murder After Human Remains Found…Body Parts Found In A Bag

Prior to his absence, an arrest warrant was obtained for the actor when police were dispatched to an address in Lawrence on Sunday (March 31) to assist with an incident involving a woman screaming for aid. Cole faced charges of aggravated burglary, domestic violence, and criminal restraint.

Cole was confirmed missing on April 2, but three days later, his body was discovered by authorities approximately 43 miles southwest of Kansas City.

Cole’s death was confirmed by his father, Joe Brings Plenty, in a statement given by his uncle, fellow actor Mo Brings Plenty.

READ MORE: Harrison Ford Enjoyed Reprising His Role As Indiana Jones

Cole was ‘no longer with us’, according to the message, and the family extended ‘heartfelt gratitude to everyone for the prayers and wonderful thoughts you sent for Cole’.

“I learned this week how many people knew the goodness in Cole’s heart and loved him,” Joe went on to say.

Yesterday (April 10), Sheriff Hayden of the Johnson County, Kansas Sheriff’s Office posted an update on Facebook’regarding an incident that occurred on 5 April, 2024′.

The press announcement reads: “Detectives, crime scene investigators, and the Medical Examiner’s Office have been working closely with the Lawrence Police Department and the Brings Plenty family.

“There is no indication of foul play in the death of Cole Brings Plenty.”

The department advised anyone with ‘any inquiries’ to contact JCSO PIO Sergeant Jesse Valdez by phone or email.

Lawrence Kansas Police Department published a separate statement.

The same day, Lawrence Kansas Police Chief Rich Lockhart issued a message on Facebook, describing the case as ‘tragic’ for ‘everyone involved’.

Chief Lockhart praised the Kansas Sheriff’s Office for working’very hard to investigate the occurrences’ and’very hard to find Cole’.

“None of us could have imagined this outcome,” he said.

The chief went on to say that the events surrounding Cole’s death taught him that his police department’must work harder to increase trust with our Native American community members’.

He went on to say, “After visiting with Cole’s family members and members of our Native American community, I realized that we are not where we need to be in terms of partnering with a population that is very vital to Lawrence’s history and current culture.

“This unfortunate set of events has been widely reported around the world. It is my hope that future bridges and partnerships between our Native American community and our police department will foster a relationship that not only builds trust and understanding, but also serves as an example for other communities.”