A surgical robot burned a hole in a Florida woman’s small intestine during surgery, injuring and eventually killing her, according to a new lawsuit filed by her husband.

According to the legal docs, obtained by TMZ, Boca Raton native Sandra Sultzer passed away at the age of 78 in 2022 following a procedure to treat her colon cancer … which was performed using a ‘da Vinci’ robot — a 4-armed machine activated by a doctor operating a camera and a surgeon steering the robot’s arms using a joystick and foot pedals.

Sultzer’s spouse claims the robot is designed to create incisions as small as the size of a coin … and the precise movements are supposed to decrease blood loss and stress to the body from larger cuts produced during traditional surgical procedures.

READ MORE: People Are Split When Elon Musk Unveiled A Robot That Can Fold Clothing

The claim alleges some of the rubber sleeves around the arms had flaws which enabled electrical currents to escape … and the stray energy practically burned Sandra’s body tissues during her September 2021 surgery.

READ MORE: A Video Game-Playing Robot That Can Compete With People

Her husband claims that the burning of her internal organs occurred without the surgical team’s full knowledge at the time.

The lawsuit says that Intuitive Surgical Inc. — the firm that develops the da Vinci robot — failed to appropriately warn of these hazards … alleging it should have known of the risks from “thousands of injury and defect reports” regarding the technology.

He also alleges the product was not created in a safe way or tested enough to avoid the burn hazards.

Sultzer’s spouse is seeking unspecified damages, including punitives.