David DePape, who was charged with assaulting Paul Pelosi with a hammer and attempted kidnapping, was found guilty of assaulting a federal official’s direct family member. The prison term he faces is life.

A little more than a year after DePape was charged with breaking into the Pelosis’ house in October of last year with the intention of kidnapping House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the jury in his federal trial returned a guilty judgment on Thursday.

On October 28, 2022, early in the morning in San Francisco, California, United States, Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul was attacked with a hammer inside their Pacific Heights home. As a result, police measured the area around Pelosi’s residence.

READ MORE: In A British Hospital, Nurse Lucy Letby Was Found Guilty Of Murdering 7 Infants

On October 28, 2022, DePape, 43, allegedly broke into the Pelosis’ house and woke Paul, 82, by requesting to talk to his wife. This is when the attack took place.

Following the incident, San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott stated at a press conference that officers showed up at the house just before 2:30 a.m. local time to perform a welfare check. They said they saw Paul and DePape inside, each gripping a hammer. Following this, Scott stated, “the suspect pulled the hammer away from Mr. Pelosi and violently assaulted him with it.”

READ MORE: Razzlekhan And Her Husband Were Found Guilty Of $4.5 Billion In Bitcoin Laundering

“Our officers immediately tackled the suspect, disarmed him, took him into custody, requested emergency backup and rendered medical aid,” said Scott.

On January 3, 2019, in Washington, DC, Nancy Pelosi and her husband, Paul Pelosi, are shown on Capitol Hill. Pelosi resumed her previous position as speaker and her fellow Democrats took control of the House of Representatives for the second time in eight years under the shadow of a partial federal government shutdown.

Additional details of the incident were provided by body camera footage, which revealed how officers ordered the suspect to put down the hammer. “Nope,” was his reply. The man then quickly wrapped his arm around Paul and attacked him in front of the police, who reacted quickly to bring the attacker to the ground.

Audio from a call Paul placed to 911 before the incident was also made public. A dispatcher asks Paul if he required assistance in it.

Paul answered, “There’s a human here who’s just waiting for my wife to return. Her name’s Nancy Pelosi.”

“He’s just waiting for her to come back, but she’s not going to be here for days, so I guess I’ll have to wait,” said Paul.

Nancy and her protection detail were in Washington, D.C. at the time of the incident, according to U.S. Capitol Police, who provided assistance with the investigation.

Paul was attacked and sustained severe injuries, including a broken skull. The same day the incident happened, he had a successful surgery to fix his skull.

DePape is facing numerous accusations from the San Francisco District Attorney in addition to two federal ones. These counts include attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, domestic burglary, and other offenses.

On November 29, a date for DePape’s state trial will be set.


Radiant and America Nu, offering to elevate your entertainment game! Movies, TV series, exclusive interviews, music, and more—download now on various devices, including iPhones, Androids, smart TVs, Apple TV, Fire Stick, and more.